Turkey Chili a' la beer
Do you like beer? Okay, dumb question. How about Chili? Well, here's a simple recipe for a great tasting meal that's easy to make and even better to eat
Write a review
- Olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper
- 1 lb turkey sausage
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 bottles of beer (ale or amber lager)
- 1 28 oz can plum tomatoes with juice
- 2-3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup water
- 2 14 oz cans kidney beans
- 4 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Heat onions and green pepper over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- In large skillet, heat meat until cooked. Drain excess fat.
- Add the meat and onions together in large pot, over low heat.
- Pour in beer and tomatoes. Add chili, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add water and simmer for 1 hour. Stir occasionally.
- Add beans and garlic and simmer 30 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Top with green onions, cheddar cheese, sour cream or oyster crackers.
- Enjoy it with an ice-cold beer beverage.