Well, April 20th is upon us. A day when individuals celebrate their independence and freedom of choice to participate in 420 day.
The term, originally derived from the title of 420 (a comic book series featuring the alternative superhero Captain Cannabis), has now become synonymous with “the national weed smoking day”.
And being 420 day, we couldn’t think of a better time or target market to try out our incredible chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Armed with a truck load of chocolate goodness — albeit a small truck — we headed to the nearest proliferation of independent youths to test our recipe.
And behold, the feedback was overwhelming positive!
An Impromptu Study
From our impromptu and totally non-scientific research, we found that every group of four-twenty day participates we tested resulted in giving our chocolate chip cookies a resounding two thumbs-up.
That’s right, 9 out of 10 responses voted our recipe as being the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies they had ever had.
We may have even been able to get a 10 out of 10 vote but it there always seemed to be one participant in every group who was too pre-occupied with a juicy Big Mac, a bag of BBQ Fritos, or simply fell asleep — or, at least, it appeared that way.
To give you an example of how good our chocolate chip recipe is, here are some actual quotes.
My tongue is in Heaven, man.
Whatya mean I can only have one? Quit Bogarting the cookies.
Ahhh dude. These are amazing!
I love you man!
So there you have it. Our chocolate chip cookies have been voted as having the best recipe by a sampling of extremely hungry, positively enthusiastic, and delightfully friendly youth sub-culture.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks, 1/2 pound) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated [white] sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto non-greased baking sheets.
- BAKE in preheated 375-degree [Fahrenheit] oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- (Full Pan Sheet Cookie Variation)
- PREPARE dough as above. Spread into greased 15"x10" jelly-roll pan. Bake in preheated 375-degree [Fahrenheit] oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- FOR HIGH ALTITUDE BAKING (>5,200 feet): INCREASE flour to 2 1/2 cups; add 2 teaspoonfuls water with flour; reduce both granulated sugar and brown sugar to 2/3 cup each. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, drop cookies for 8 to 10 minutes and pan cookies for 17 to 19 minutes.
FYI. This recipe can be found on the back of any package of Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chips.
Like this? Check out: Cooking, Recipes